ORV Engineering Manager
Career Level Senior Manager
Experience 10 Years +
Responsible for leading ORV Polaris Engineering Team in our Bangalore, India location • Responsible for hiring local engineering employees, compensation recommendations, and discipline.
- Build, lead, coach, and develop a world class Engineering team.
- Develops, manages and controls departmental budget.
- Oversee deliverables from Product Teams and ensures product group goals are executed on-time and within scope.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Product Group Directors, Leaders in U.S. and other international locations.
- Work with reporting manager to develop synergy with other product group teams in the Bangalore office.
- Interact and work with resources from multiple engineering sites.
- Grow and expand capabilities of Engineering Team.
- Responsible for training and developing team in Polaris Product Development methodologies (PDP) and other appropriate processes.
- Initiates and facilitate techniques and training for technical staff. Examples include setting up training for aspects of DFMEA, DVP&R, and other standardized systems introduced into Polaris.
- Responsible for managing contract work in country.
- Motivates, coaches, and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promotes employee development.
- Participate/awareness in key project milestones including Team Meetings, Design Reviews, Gate Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Support continuous improvement work with engineering to drive better efficiencies in delivery and quality of work performed.
- Support program technical needs as and when required.
- Support in-country supplier development as needed.
- Provide production support and training during pilots of new models or features.
- Maintain and promote continuous improvement of workshop area for vehicle teardowns, builds, and development
• Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations.