TeamLead/Engineering Supervisor Firmware
Career Level Senior Staff
Experience 2 Years
Supervise global firmware engineers and build a world class firmware team.
2. Responsible for staff development and transfer of knowledge to team.
3. Understand the current and future technical needs of the various product groups, distill to a technical strategy, and execute development activity to meet the vehicle needs.
4. Tracks technology development trends and competitive product development trends to help identify and anticipate future opportunities and competitive threats.
5. Coordinate and oversee engineering development, testing, design, and validation efforts to ensure project objectives are met per schedule and budget
6. Resolve and implement corrective action on field issues and warranty.
7. Interview, hire, and recommend according to Polaris’s project and initiative roadmap for team expansion and growth, including full time employees and contractors.
8. Manage within project timelines and resources.
9. Create plans and execute them for building best of breed quality processes, especially automation as appropriate.
10. Measure each team’s and each individual developer’s productivity, track and provide updates with recommendations for improvement, eliminating bottlenecks, etc.
11. Drive individual and team training, productivity and process improvements using Scrum development, LEAN practices, and external training resources.
12. Own responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
13. Prepare monthly budget submissions, reports and presentations
14. Overall responsibility for ensuring quality throughout the project lifecycle.
15. Drive to improve Agile software development process.
16. Lead or participate Agile meetings such as daily scrum, sprint review, retrospective review, etc. 17. Willing to step up and take a lead for other activities as required by our business.
18. Any other responsibilities as assigned.